Most of us could use more space, right? I know I could. So I went searching for ways to create functional table space with a small footprint. Here are five completely genius ideas that I discovered.
1. Float your sofa in the middle of the room and place a tall console table and a few barstools behind it. Or you could swap out the stools for an office chair and use it as a workspace. Genius! [Photo: Houzz]
2. This would be an easy DIY project - mount a shelf to the windowsill using hinges to create an extra surface for your morning cup of coffee and a few magazines. It would be perfect for plants, too. [Photo: Via Lushome]
3. I've always loved this tip... place a couple of ottomans or footstools underneath your coffee table. That way they won't trip you up during the day, but they can easily be pulled out and used as a spot for the morning newspaper or as seating when guests come over. And try a glass or lucite table to make it appear to have a smaller footprint. [Photo: Front + Main]
4. No room for an end table? Whip up one of these super cute little drink perches. You could customize it with any color or pattern, too! Head over here for the full tutorial. [Photo: Francois et Moi]
5. I love the idea of using corner space to your advantage. If you don't have room for a bedside table, this is the perfect solution. It provides enough space for a few books, a light and some water (and a pair of glasses, in my case). You can also do this in the living room, which I did myself. Check out the rest of the home above here. [Photo: Apartment Therapy]
Do you have any creative space-saving table ideas? Feel free to share them with us in the comments section below!