It's not that DIYers don't like fancy items (I can assure you that we do), but chances are we'd rather find a way to make it for ourselves than pay for it. So what better gifts to get your DIYer, than those that will help them DIY? If you want to spoil the maker in your life this holiday season, here are ten great gift ideas that are sure to tug on their heartstrings:
Sponsored: The Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer - we teamed up with Wagner on a recent room makeover project (stay tuned for more on that), and we liked the FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer so much, we wanted to give one away to our readers! Scroll to the bottom of this post to learn how you can enter to win ($199 value)!
Anyone who likes to DIY will be doing a fair amount of painting. The FLEXiO 890 makes most painting jobs easier; it's great for getting a smooth, brush-stroke-less finish on trim-work and furniture, for quickly painting interior walls, or for larger painting projects. And it stores away in a sturdy, compact box when not in use. Perfect for the paint-minded DIYer.
Ok, now on to the rest of our recommendations:
1. Gradient Cowl Kit from The Purl Bee - this kit will delight even the most jaded knitter (wait, is that even a thing?)
2. Silhouette Cameo Die Cutting Machine - the things you can do with this machine are mind-boggling. Get one for your friend, and you'll want to keep it for yourself.
3. Year in Stitches Calendar - great needlepoint practice (just throw in a thimble as well, for good measure)
4. Leather Crafting Tool Set - leather's the material people seem to forget about when it comes to making stuff. No longer!
5. DIY Screen Print Kit - for making funny t-shirts no-one else can buy, of course.
6. Goldhandle Knife Edge Bent Trimmers - When you have really good scissors, you have the whole world. Or, at least the parts that need cutting.
7. Carve a Stamp Kit - just like what you learned in seventh grade, but without the threats of detention!
8. Estwing Leather Handle Claw Hammer - Is there a tool that gets used more than a hammer? I don't think so. This exceptionally-made hammer is the perfect sidekick for the true do-it-yourselfer.
9. Bottle Cutter - Bottles are never in short supply; why not make something out of them instead of just dropping them in the recycling?
10. Waxed Canvas Utility Roll - a great place to store your tools (writing instruments, knives, etc.) while on the go.
Ok, want to win your own FLEXiO 890 Painter Sprayer from Wagner? Here's what we'll send you:
FLEXiO 890 Sprayer ($199 value)
- Light in the hand sprayer – only 1.5 pounds (empty cup)
- iSpray nozzle for fast coverage of broad surfaces
- Detail-Finish nozzle for fine finishing
- 1.5 quart wide-mouth cup; covers up to 125 square feet per fill.
- X-Boost Turbine runs at 65,000 rpm
- 50% quieter than traditional airless sprayers
- Flexible 11 ½ foot air hose
- Power box that holds the turbine and provides storage for the entire unit.
And here's where you can enter to win: