Let’s face it… some of the patio furniture on the market today can be generic and boring. So why not get creative and use some unexpected materials for your outdoor seating? Click through for ten of my favorite ideas.
1. Place one large pillow up against a wall, and two more on the floor in front of it for a comfy lounge “chair.” [Photo: Solebich]
2. A long bench is a great option for a larger dining table. [Photo: Cote Maison]
3. Install built-in seating and drape fabric overhead to create your very own Moroccan escape in your backyard. [Photo: We Interior Design]
4. A bench with hidden storage is another super functional option. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
5. Indulge your playful side with a beautiful porch swing. [Photo: Mazama]
6. Need a temporary option for a party or event? Place pillows on top of a blanket and serve guests on a low table. [Photo: Camille Styles]
7. Here’s another great swing idea… and this one comes with a tutorial so you can make one yourself. [Photo: Tidbits From The Tremaynes]
8. Here’s another clever DIY seating project… read more here. [Photo: Lena Sekine]
9. Consider using logs as stools for a rustic touch. [Photo Via: Decozilla]
10. Pallets covered with outdoor pillows are a very affordable option. [Photo: Decorating Ideas]
Do you have any other creative outdoor seating ideas that you’ve done yourself or seen elsewhere? Feel free to share them with us in the comments section below!