It’s that time of year when the weather has finally gotten nicer and nobody wants to be inside. And entertaining outdoors gives us a whole new set of creative options for decor, food and beverages, and even activities. Click through for ten totally clever outdoor entertaining ideas.
1. Put drinks in mini mason jars… they are bug-proof and also fairly spill-proof. [Photo: Nicole Hill]
2. Give champagne a fun twist by adding frozen fruit pops. [Photo: Southern Living]
3. Give your ice bucket a backyard twist by freezing fresh flowers inside of the ice cubes. So pretty! [Photo: O Blog De Casamento]
4. Along these same lines, freeze berries inside the cubes that you’ll be using for drinks. [Photo: Unoriginal Mom]
5. Keep bugs out of your food by putting them in large glass jars with lids. [Photo: The Berry]
6. Freeze water balloons to create a super colorful ice bucket. [Photo: The Knot]
7. Another great way to keep bugs away from your drinks… cupcake liners! [Photo: Lifehacker]
8. Backyard bowling is a fun game for kids and adults. Find out how to make your own set here. [Photo: Moonfrye]
9. Trees are the perfect backdrop for hanging tea lights… use colorful ribbons that match your decor. [Photo: Ella Blue Studio]
10. Another clever use for cupcake liners: place them over string lights so they look like mini lamp shades! [Photo: IKEA Hackers]
Does anyone else see the tremendous fire hazard of having a long string of ribbon directly over a lit candle??…becoming a wick for fire to run right up into the trees?? Be also aware, that when candles get very low and almost burnt out the heat becomes very intense. If the ribbon hasn’t already caught fire already, it’s a tremdous possibility. Don’t hang lit candles with material that can catch on fire. Don’t put candles in bookcases or other enclosed wood shelves. Don’t put candles on counters under wood cabinets.