I have a huge bag of fabric scraps that has accumulated over the years. And I never know what to do with all of those beautiful (albeit tiny) pieces of fabric. But it seems like such a waste to let them just sit there, taking up valuable closet space. So I did a little research and found ten awesome ideas from around the web.
1. Spice up your house plants by covering terra cotta pots with bright pieces of fabric. Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Shelterness]
2. You can also cover books with fabric... check out the easy instructions right here. [Photo: Two Twenty One]
3. A magnetic bookmark would be handy to have... no more folded page corners! Find out how to make your own here. [Photo: The Southern Institute]
4. This gorgeous whimsical rose pillow would be a great way to use up a bunch of different colored scraps. Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Alisa Burke]
5. A banner is a festive way to decorate your next party or event. Find out how to make this one here. [Photo: The Lovely Cupboard]
6. These fabric scrap coasters are super cute... find out more here. [Photo: The Red Thread Blog]
7. I love this idea - put extra fabric pieces inside of embroidery hoops and hang them on the wall. [Photo: Tanis Lavallee]
8. These magnetic letters would be cute for the kids' playroom. Find out how to make them here. [Photo: The Daily B]
9. Extra toilet paper will always be easily accessible once you make one of these clever little toilet paper holders. Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Make It & Love It]
10. This fabric tissue box cover is easy to make - head over here for the instructions. [Photo: WhimseyBox]
Do you have any other fun ideas? Feel free to share them with us in the comments section!