This month at Curbly we're focusing on sewing and fabric projects, so I wanted to start off with some really clever DIY fabric tutorials for the kitchen. The concepts may not be revolutionary, but the way in which they are executed is completely genius. And with a wide range of skill levels included, there's something for everyone!
1. Make this pretty apron from a dish towel... here's the tutorial. [Photo: Fynes Designs]
2. Sure, you can buy an oven mitt at any home goods store - but why not make your own using a funky piece of fabric that matches your decor? Find out how to make this one here. [Photo: Prudent Baby]
3. This "hot pocket" is pretty clever... it's a double potholder that hangs on the handle of your oven. Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Lindsey Johnston Allen]
4. If you prefer traditional potholders, these are pretty great - find out how to make them here. [Photo: Doodles & Stitches]
5. Keep all of your plastic bags in one place by making this easy organizer. Here are the directions. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
6. Reusable snack bags are good for the planet... and much cuter than plain old clear sandwich bags! Check out this easy tutorial here. [Photo: Brit + Co.]
7. Isn't it annoying how plastic wrap never stays put on your bowl of pasta salad? Here's the solution! A reusable fabric bowl cover. Find the instructions here. [Photo: Raechel Myers]