Housewarming parties are a good excuse to gather friends and family together to celebrate new chapters and new homes -- but don't show up empty handed! Here are 10 gift ideas that are sure to put a smile on the party host's face and bring a touch of friendship and warmth to their new abode.
1. A simple key fob or key chain to keep track of their new keys! A related gift could be a simple, modern key rack. [Pictured: DIY Key Fob from Creature Comforts]
2. A simple and stylish wreath. This succulent wreath is especially inviting! [Pictured: DIY Succulent Wreath from Apartment Therapy]
3. A colorful doormat is both functional and fun! [Pictured: DIY Welcome Mat Makeover from A Beautiful Mess]
4. A housewarming jar filled with essentials like dish soap, picture hanging supplies, batteries, a kitchen towel, etc. [Pictured: Housewarming Jar DIY from Oh Happy Day]
5. Handmade planters or pots filled with low-maintenance houseplants will bring a touch of greenery and life to a new home. [Pictured: DIY Handmade Clay House Pots from Say Yes]
6. Candles are considered a traditional housewarming gift and help make the space feel more like a home. [Pictured: DIY Teacup Candles from Hey Gorgeous]
7. Wood is also a traditional housewarming gift, meant to symbolize stability, harmony, and peace. A cutting board is the perfect gift! [Pictured: DIY House-Shaped Wood Cutting Board from A Beautiful Mess]
8. A kitchen herb garden is a great gift idea for anyone who enjoys cooking at home, especially someone who has recently moved! [Pictured: DIY Kitchen Planter Box Herb Garden from DIY Network]
9. Handmade or embellished linens and tea towels are wonderful gifts in their own right, but also make great "wrapping paper" alternatives for edible gifts! [Pictured: Hand Painted Linen Tea Towels from Everyday Occasions]
10. A serving tray can be put to use almost immediately and will be appreciated by anyone who enjoys hosting get-togethers! [Pictured: DIY Chalkboard Serving Trays from Brit + Co.]
What are some of your favorite go-to housewarming gift ideas?