In order to be productive, it's important to have an organized space to work in... but we don't all have enough extra space to use an entire room for an office. So today I wanted to share some examples of effective (and attractive) home workspaces with small footprints.
2. This is a great example of effective use of vertical space. Mount shelves on the wall behind your desk, and hang photos and clippings for inspiration. Head over here for more wall-mounted storage ideas. [Photo: The Design Chaser]
3. A corner is a great place to create a workspace. It's an under-utilized part of any room, so why not use it to your advantage? [Photo: The Fashion Tag]
4. This incredible before and after shows that with a little vision and some elbow grease you can create something out of nothing. In this case, they've created an inspiring office out of a drab attic. [Photo: Design*Sponge]
5. A secretary desk is another great option if you don't have much space to work with. It can be closed when you're not working, hiding away all of your office supplies. And you can get creative with the paint job like they've done here! [Photo: DecorPad]
6. You might even consider using shelving as a desk area. Just create a deeper shelf to be used as your work surface, and use the rest for storage. These are painted the same color as the wall, making them recede visually into the rest of the room. [Photo: HGTV]
7. Here's another example of a wall-mounted shelf workspace... simple and inexpensive! [Photo: Decorating Your Small Space]