File this under the "why didn't I think of that?" category. With vacation mode winding down and a new school year upon us, most of us could use a few tips to help everyday life run a bit more smoothly. But the best part about these genius ideas is that you most like already have all the materials you need right in your home.
1. Turn a cd spindle into a bagel sandwich holder. [Photo: Environmental Art Blog]
3. Use funnels to dispense yarn or string. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
4. Cut the clips off of plastic hangers to create chip clips. [Photo: Craftster]
5. Use plastic bread ties to label the mess of cords in your power strip. [Photo: Apartment Therapy]
7. Make a long countertop trivet using wine corks. [Photo: Wine Harlots]
8. Paint and mount old cans for colorful wall storage. [Photo: Recover and Release]