Sure, it's an eating utensil, but nowadays forks can be used for so much more than winding up spaghetti. They're being remade into unique, beautiful and handy things that can be used in homes as well as in commercial spaces. Some of the links in this roundup provide instructions. Other are simply inspiration, but lucky for us, a few pliers (round, needle nose in particular) and maybe a metal pipe (to wrap handles around) is all that's needed to make them. In some cases, not even that!
1. Picture perfect are these photo holders from Project Wedding.
2. Hold a photo or, as Pretty Handy Girl suggests, a menu in her wine bottle/fork combo.
4. No bending at all are needed for this idea from Dirt from The Clay Pot. In a cluster, not only are they handy for holding business cards and notes, they also create a cool focal point/wall art kind of thing.
5. Again, no bending at all for this idea from Tip Junkie. Simple and kinda genius.
6. A business card holder made from a fork? Yeah, that's cool. Easy Makes Me Happy
7. A little more complicated in the bendy department is this business card holder from Mixtgoods. Beautiful.
8. Another perfect use of old forks: these napkin rings from Brooklyn Limestone.
9. Now for something a little different... Forkin' Art's fork candle holder.
10. What I Made's fork egg cup is STILL one of my favorites.
11. Finally, these hooks from Barley and Birch ooze whimsey, and I heart them.