Window seats are versatile; they can be used as reading nooks, nap spots or even workspaces. They can also add extra seating to an otherwise vacant area. And here's the best part - you can even make one yourself!
Read on to see some inspiring window seats... and then check out the tutorial down at the bottom of the page. It's easier than you might think!
1. A stunning chandelier draws attention to this moody window seat. [Photo: Design Sponge]
2. This striped entryway has a functional seating area. [Photo: Skona Hem]
3. Reclaimed wood adds a natural feel to this cozy nook. [Via: I do, I don't Design]
4. Open storage underneath your seat can be a nice decorative and functional touch. [Via: Design Swan]
5. A nursery is a great spot for a window seat too. [Photo: Project Nursery]
6. Justina added a workspace to her custom-made window seat. [Photo: Justina Blakeney]
7. Hang a sconce for nighttime reading. [Via: Freshome]
8. Two seats with a table in between... an easy breakfast nook! [Photo: House Beautiful]
9. This gorgeous circular window seat echoes the architecture of the staircase. [Photo: House Beautiful]
10. Add some privacy to your space using thick curtains. [Via: Coastal Home]
11. Find out how to make your own window seat here using kitchen cabinets. It's not as hard as it looks!