Somehow, I maintain an ability to get lost anywhere and a fascination with decorating using maps. Maps can be modern, traditional, eclectic, bold, subtle, any anything else along the decorating spectrum. Here are just a few ideas to give you some decorating direction.
1. This map of Michigan was mounted on cork, making it easy to put a pin in favorite destination spots. From bbbcraft sisters on Design Sponge.
2. If your heart belongs to one place in particular, try making some string art so people know where your loyalties lie. By Harpster Home.
3. Go big or go home! This large mural was put on the wall using a paint pen and a projector, by Burlap and Blue. This would be a fun one to add to as you visit different parts of the world.
5. If you want to use an entire map, consider breaking it up into smaller segments, like Selina of Creative Juices Decor did, via Infarrantly Creative. This large map art cost under $35 for her to do.
6. You can't beat an awesome piece of wall art that is sure to strike up lots of conversation, and allows you to preserve your memories. This cork map art like a real world Where I've Been for your analog wall. (Is that weird that a website is now the reference point for a project like this?!) Get the full how-to from ManMade.