Bare walls are the pits. Liven those bad boys up with some affordable modern art — that you made yourself! Here are ten of our favorite DIY wall art projects to make this week.
1. Bubbles of magnificent splendor! This project is high-impact and low, low cost. See more here. [Photo: Sara Funduk]
2. Transfer your favorite photos or images onto canvas in a few simple steps! See more here. [Photo: BHG]
3. Um, this is awesome: reclaimed wood and beadboard deer silhouette! See more here. [Photo: Maggie Johnson]
4. Lunch-break crafting, anyone? This gold confetti art is a super simple 15 minute project. See more here. [Photo: Natalie Norus]
5. Another spin on the thrift store art update, this modern abstract painting will add a pop of color to any room! See more here. [Photo: House of Earnest]
6. Graphic, modern, and low-cost sounds like the perfect combo to me! See more here. [Photo: Chris Gardner]
7. Paint and a sharpie are all you need for this bold statement piece! See more here. [Photo: Maria Hilas Louie]
8. If you’ve got leftover wood from that chevron planter project, don’t toss it! Turn it into 3D wall art instead. See more here. [Photo: Claire Ferrante]
9. Paper, paint, and potatoes are all you need for this colorful DIY print! See more here. [Photo: Jordan Ferney]
10. Sometimes simple is best. Case in point? This playful and quirky wall hanging made from construction paper and glue! See more here. [Photo: Jenni Juurinen]
I like #10 the best. And if you hunted around for the more art-y versions, you could pull that off with a gift bag. Or even hang a gift bag in a frame.