When I grow up, my dream house is definitely going to have a slide! And probably a secret bookshelf door, a hedge maze, and a moat filled with spicy queso… but I’m getting ahead of myself. Slides! In houses! Here are our top five picks (in no particular order).
1. This slide resides in an East Village Penthouse, that lucky duck. Designed by Turett Collaborative Architects.
2. Designed by Ab Rogers, this slide is part of The Rainbow House, a colorful home located in London. (Click through to check out the awesome rainbow staircase, too!)
3. This three-story slide by Tokyo-based LEVEL Architects wraps around the entire interior of the home! Check out the diagram over on My Modern Met.
4. This concrete slide connects the kid’s bedroom directly to the kitchen–brilliant! Located near Jakarta. Designed by Aboday. [via Dezeen]
5. Designed by Alex Michaelis for Michalis Boyd Associates, this solid Corian slide makes for quick access to the lower level (which also includes an enclosed swimming pool)! [via Gizmodo]
If you’ve seen any other cool slides in houses, be sure to let us know! But first, what would you put in your magical dream home? Slides? Trap doors? A fire escape pole?? Share your top ‘silly home’ features below!