Your bed is probably what you look forward to coming home to at the end of a long day, or it's what you don't want to leave in the early morning. If you think your bedroom is comfortable now, just wait until you give it an upgrade with these 12 ways to make your bed more comfortable with small changes like pillows, mattress pads, comforters and more. All your home needs is a little love to make it feel like a whole new space, and with any luck, you'll be even more excited to go to sleep every night!
1. Pillows, Pillows, Pillows - How many pillows is too many? In my opinion, more the merrier! Adding a couple fun and textured decorative pillows to your made bed will make it look extra inviting. Plus, they can add color and personality when needed.
2. Add a Mattress Topper - Over time, your mattress may need an upgrade that you're not financially ready to make. You might have a firm mattress and want something a little softer or vice versa. A mattress topper is the perfect solution! This queen-sized gel topper is less than $100 and makes your bed feel like new.
3. Invest in a Down Comforter - When it comes to your bed, a little investment pays off. A high-quality down comforter will make you feel like you're in a luxurious hotel room. Try this $230 down comforter from West Elm.
4. Make your Bed Daily - Making your bed every day not only ignites your productivity for the day but it means that it's made and ready for you to crawl back into that evening. By the time bedtime comes around, your bed looks and feels as good as a hotel, and it only takes a few minutes of your time.
5. Heated Blankets - If you live in a cooler climate, a heated blanket can make your bed feel like the happiest place on earth. Turn it on about 15 minutes before you get into bed, and it will already be cozy for you.
6. Make a Tufted Headboard - Whether you prefer to buy or DIY, a tufted headboard will give your bedroom an upscale vibe that will make you forget about everything else, and they're easy to make than you'd expect. Try this easy DIY by Place of My Taste!
7. Pillows for your Sleep Type - Choose a pillow that is ideal for the way you sleep, whether that's on your side, your back or your stomach. Investing in a high-quality pillow that fits your most common sleep position will not only make you more comfortable but improve your sleep.
8. White and Bright - When in doubt, classic white bedding is always a great choice for keeping your bedroom looking and feeling bright and inviting. Adding colorful textiles and other accents give it personality, but with white on white bedding, everything is easy to wash.
9. Essential Oils - Using a relaxing blend of essential oils in a diffuser can help your bedroom feel incredibly relaxing and encourage you to get a better night sleep.
10. Cozy Canopies - Try adding a DIY canopy over your bed to make it feel like a private oasis with Parisian flair. There are multiple ways to make a beautiful canopy at home, including this DIY by One Kings Lane.
11. U-Shaped Body Pillow - If you really love cuddling, try a U-shaped body pillow to feel surrounded by plush pillows while you sleep. This version from Overstock is only $66.
12. Make it Feel like "YOU" - The most important thing about your bedroom space is making it feel like it's all about you...cause it is. Add decor around your bed or things to your nightstand and show your personality. You spend a lot of time in your bed, and you need it to feel like it was designed just for you.
Are you ready to make your bed the best place in your home?!