Do you cry out in the night for a kitchen pantry? It's not impossible, if you have a few square feet of floor space, you can easily convert an unwanted armoire into a smart, stylish pantry that either fits in your kitchen or stands right around the corner. Ebay and Craigslist are inundated with old TV and bedroom armoires, available for next to nothing. Here are few we found for sale and ideas for customizing...
Now get yourself a handy carpenter type and customize the shelves, doors, drawers and inside top surface. Here are a few ideas:
- wallpaper the inside
- hang pot hooks from the top
- divide the drawers for alumninum foil, plastic wrap, wax paper, etc.
- cut out sections of the doors for glass inserts
- build in spice racks
- add wheels
- change knobs
- paint the outside/inside
- hang towel racks on the outside
- add a wine rack inside
- put your extra kitchen linens in the bottom drawer