Nothing says holidays like a festive garland. Hung over the mantle, taped to the wall, draped over shelves... they're a seasonal must. So, grab a bit of colored paper and create this Christmas light garland. Let's go!
- Thick cardstock to make a stencil, such as a file folder
- colored cardstock
- silver glitter cardstock
- hot glue gun (not pictured)
1. Using the pen, draw the shape of a light bulb and cut out. Use that shape as a stencil for the rest of your light pieces. Trace and cut out several bulbs in each color.
2. Cut 1.5" inch strips from the silver glitter paper.
3. Line up your lights in the desired pattern...
...and measure your mantle or wherever you will be hanging the garland and trim the ribbon to the desired length.
4. Assemble the lights using the hot glue gun. Place a small dollop of hot glue on the top of each bulb piece. Place the ribbon on top of the glue, and then place a silver glitter piece on top of the ribbon. Press firmly until the glue sets. Move over 3 inches and repeat these steps until all the lights are attached to the ribbon.
And that's it!
To make this garland even glitzier, you can embellish each bulb with a little glitter glue. The sparklier, the better. Cause that's what the holidays are all about!
Material : paper
Techniques : Papercrafting