We all love to decorate for the holidays, but most of us don't have a ton of time to dedicate to it at the end of a long day, especially during this hectic season. So, if you're looking for a quick and easy garland solution for your tree this year, I've gotcha covered. It will take five minutes or less, and the finished project is a little more unique (and modern) than you can find in stores. Want to know how to make one? Okay!
You may recognize this garland from my fun and festive space-saving Christmas tree DIY from last week. To complete this project you'll need the following:
- wooden beads (two sizes)
- colorful yarn or string
1. Cut a piece of string to the desired length.
2. Next, cut a piece of tape and wrap it around the end of your string. You only need to do this on one end, not both.
3. Using the end that is now taped, slide the string through your first wooden bead.
4. Once you have move that bead to where you want it placed in the strand, feed the tape-end of the string back through one more time. Tighten. The bead is now secure without any glue or knots.
5. Repeat this process with the remainder of your beads and you are ready to hang on the tree.
Taking it further: I decided to keep the beads simple, since I opted for a brightly colored string, but painting or dip dying the beads are great options too. You can also add multiple strings in different colors (shown below).
What colors would you use for a garland like this? I'd love to hear your fave color combo in the comments below.
Techniques : crafting
Decor Element : accessories