My Recycled Inside Out Throw Pillow ensemble are handily made out of shirts, jackets or skirts that either button up the front or have a long zipper closure. The beauty of this is that there's no need to handstitch a pillow closed or insert a zipper or add buttons or buttonholes. Look for modern patterns and stylish color combinations while shopping for "vintage" and I mean CHEAP used apparel that you can easily transform.
The only requirement is that you can sew relatively straight lines and that you have some flair for choosing patterns and colors.
What you need:
- vintage garments
- pillow pattern
- straight pins
- sewing machine
- stuffing for your pillows
What you do:
1. Wash all garments before starting
2. Turn garment inside out
3. Place pattern on garment and chalk around the pattern
4. Pin top and bottom together and cut out pillow pieces.
5. Stitch around pillow cover at a 1/2" seam allowance
6. Remove pins, clip corners and turn pillow cover right side out
7. Fill pillow cover with your Perfect Pillow Form
Button up and place on your sofa.
Also, here are a few photos of a side zippered linen shell turned into a zebra lumbar pillow.
Nice new trio for the Thanksgiving guests.