Keeping a garden can seem like an intimidating task. It's daunting especially for someone who is a beginner! We've rounded up eight plants that can handle tough love. So even if you don't have a green thumb, they'll still survive and thrive!
1. Wave Petunias - This plant requires little pruning. Just sprinkle with a little fertilizer, water frequently, and enjoy the color these guys bring all summer long.
2. Yarrow - This flowering plant requires full sun and poor soil. You don't even have to fertilize to get these lovely flower heads.
3. Hosta - Plant once and forget the rest! This perennial is my kind of plant. Little water, sun or shade, this plant thrives when you basically ignore it!
4. Impatiens - You don't need a green thumb to get these to blossom. They come in almost every color, and if you have a bright spot indoors, they can blossom all year long!
5. Primrose - Creating thick, luscious, and fragrant bushes, Primrose plants are show-stoppingly beautiful. Flowering mostly in the spring months, these plants do well in full sun or lightly shaded areas.
6. Pot Marigold - Another colorful flower, these fun blooms come in all sorts of cheery yellow and orange hues. Make sure to plant in a pot with fast drainage, deadhead as needed, and you'll enjoy this plant all season long.
7. Daylily - Although each bloom lasts only one day, each plant produces several at a time. Water these plants each time you water your lawn and they'll grow continuously.
8. Four O'Clock - This trumpet-shaped annual does best in full sun, but can take some shade. They quickly blossom and thrive in almost any type of soil. The best part? They keep your garden smelling great all summer long!