If you haven't tugged on a Christmas Cracker you haven't lived. The silly joke, the equally silly hat, the Cracker-Jack-Style prize, they're great! And they're not just for Christmas anymore*. You can make them for parties of any variety, but I think crackers on New Years Eve with wishes/predictions for the new year would be a great fun. The tiny prizes could even be a bit more 'adult' for your adult party guests.
To make your own custom crackers, you'll need some or all of this stuff:
- wrapping paper
- white card stock
- fortunes, riddles or jokes
- cracker snaps, optional but fun!
- purchased paper hats, or tissue paper to make your own
- small gifts for prizes, one per cracker
- cracker rollers, optional
- purchased cardboard tubes, although you could use gift wrap tubes, paper towel tubes, etc
- low temp glue gun
- curling ribbon
Most of this stuff can be purchased at your local craft store. The more specialized items can be found at Old English Crackers.
*How cute would it be to insert a bit of bling into the cracker---like a diamond ring. OH, and the riddle could be a marriage proposal!!