How I DIY cleverly turned some chunks of wood into vintage dominoes. The procedure sounds simple enough--and CHEAP too, especially if you have some of the supplies on hand.
Here's what should be on your supplies list:
- a chunk of 2" x 10" lumber (the dominoes in the picture above are 16" long, so plan your purchase accordingly, depending upon how many dominoes you want to make)
- cream and black satin paint, the maker used Behr Cozy cottage Satin and Behr Forever Black Satin
- Minwax Red Mahogany stain
- Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze
- a circle stencil, either hand cut or made with a paper punch or Cricut
- electrical tape
- saw tooth hangers
Here's the tools you'll need:
- table saw, or something with which to cut the planks
- electric sander & 80 grit sand paper
- sanding block
- paint brush(es)
To see the entire tute, mosey on over to How I DIY.