The Bleach Guy, Phelyx, has offered up a tutorial over on Stencil Revolution that'll blow your socks off. He uses stencils and bleach to achieve a tattooed effect on fabric. Warning: It's a project not for the faint of heart! What he uses to do it:
- 50/50 cotton and polyester tee, or other garment (how cool would this technique look on jeans?!)
- cheap, grocery-store-bought bleach
- a respirator or a well-vented area or both
- a plastic spray bottle
- Dura-Lar (.005 thickness) for stencil construction OR transparency film, like they use for overhead projectors
- reposition-able spray adhesive
- paper towel
- a Sharpie, for 'cheating'
To see how Phelyx puts it all together, follow this jump to Stencil Revolution.