Erin Doland of Unclutterer has put together a invaluable tip list to help you organize your first kitchen. And although her advice is directed to college graduates moving into their first apartment, it can also be applied to those moving into their first home too! Her suggestions include:
- When putting your kitchen together, arrange items in cabinets based on where you use them.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for very specific, practical things for graduation gifts.
- Consider re-purposing some of your college items for your kitchen needs.
- Have a list of essential kitchen tools and only focus on acquiring those items.
- Don’t put your trash can under your sink.
For specific reasons as to why you should do these things, go here!