Photo labs have boxes of disposable cameras, waiting to be recycled. If you ask nicely, and they'll share them by the dozens. Check out the ideas below for some clever and amazing projects for the sake of art and recycling.
- Create a Ring Flash: This Instructable shows you how to make a DIY ring flash from six disposable camera flashes and a couple metal bowls. The project requires a bit of electronics knowledge, but the results look awesome.
- Make a Reusable Camera: Follow Maven's link for a cool video on how to make disposable cameras reusable.
- Make a Portable Image Projector: The Hacktivist Flashpoint projects an image onto any surface and costs you only a dollar and fifteen minutes of labor.
- Mod 'em like crazy: Drug store CVS sells a $20 one-time use digital camera, and Dakota makes one for $10. Follow these links - CVS Red and Dakota - for all sorts of crazy hacks and modifications.
- Make a taser: Really? Yikes!
- Attach One to a Kite: Phillip Torrone details the process of making a camera take photos automatically, then attaches it to a kite for some amazing aerial shots.