In celebration of Father's Day and of father's who also happen to be DIYers, I've assembled some cool hand tools that just might have you scratching your head. Can you guess what they are/what they do?
- We're starting off with a tricky one, and if you guessed it right, my hard hat is off to you. It's a Finger Wrench. It enables you to hold a nut or bolt in place in those awkward spots. One will set you back a measly 4 bucks.
- If you guessed this was pliers, you'd be halfway to a right answer. But what KIND of pliers is it? A picture frame pliers ($8).
- This is a handier-than-you-might-imagine telescoping magnetic retrieving tool. You can nab one for 10 bucks.
- This one is a palm ratchet 'hex' wrench, also for use in tight spaces. A set of three, including 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2" drives, will set you back $36.50.
- Ya got this one? If not, don't feel bad; it's a tough one. It's actually called a MalletHead, and it enables you to convert your standard hammer into a mallet. They come in sets of three densities (soft, medium and hard) which cost about 10 bucks (18 with shipping).
So, how'd you do playing this installment of Guess the Gadget?