Taking a long road trip this summer? Well, we know how boring those can be. That's why we're gonna show you how to make some awesome hemp bracelets. It'll keep you awake and you can keep the driver awake. Plus, hemp is for both guys and girls, so guys, get our your hemp too and let's get ready to hit the road!
For more how to's, be sure to subscribe to our show on iTunes and stop by our website, Threadbanger for more tips and tricks on DIY fashion.
1. Get out your hemp twine. If you don't want to use hemp there is a wide variety of colored cord you can chose from. The thicker the cord the bigger your bracelet or necklace.
2. Cut off two long strands.
3. Take one of the strands, fold it in half and loop it over a rounded stick such as a paint brush or pencil.
4. Do the same to the other strand. Now, you have four strands hanging down.
5. Take the right strand, pull it over the two inner strands and under the left strand.
6. Pull the left strand behind the two inner strands and through the loop created by the right strand. This is a half square knot.
7. Pull it tight to the top.
8. And repeat those steps over and over and over... You will get this twisted look.
9. Once you are about half way done, get out a special shell or bead and pull the two inner (called the "anchors") and pull them through the hole in your shell or bead.
10. Continue to tie half square knots until you have reached your desired length.
11. Now, remove the stick from the loops and pull the anchor strands to make your end loops a little smaller.
12. Pull two of your strands through the end loops.
13. Put it on your wrist and tie a knot.
And you are done!
For a necklace, just make it longer. Add more beads or shells or go without any at all...hey, it's up to you!
Have extra string leftover? Try making this fun typographic string art: