Who doesn't bend and stretch their way through yoga class for the promise of final relaxation and the eye pillow? Its' sheer goodness should never be underestimated. This experience is so relaxing, everyone should have one of these next to their bed. It has never failed to soothe and calm my tension and fatigue. The fresh lavender scent and the weight of the pillow feel like a cool breeze in a dark room. Ahhhhh.....
These are so easy to make for your friends.Â Pair it up with a box of tea for a simple gift this holiday season.Â Your friends will love you for it.Â
What you need:
- one piece of fabric measuring 4" x 19"
- 1 bag of flaxseed (15 oz.)
- 1 small jar of lavender essential oil
- 1 oz. of dried lavender
- sewing machine
- straight pins
What you do:
1. Pour flax seed and 1 oz. of lavender into a bowl
2. Add one drop of lavender oil to the seeds and dried lavender, mix together
3. Pin and stitch eye pillow fabric together, leaving the short end open
4. Take out pins, turn right side out, fill with mixture
5. Fill enough to feel floppy and flexible, but still weighty.
6. Fold ends under and pin and stitch closed.
7. Tie up with a bow and give to your dearest friends. They'll love you for this.
Tie up with a pretty bow.