First impressions are important. The exterior of your home is the first thing a person sees when they visit your home, and the last thing they see when they leave. These 5 easy tips will have the outside of your home in excellent shape in no time.
PAINT YOUR DOOR
1. If you're feeling daring, go bright like like Stephanie did. Check out more colorful door inspiration here. [Photo: Stephanie Lynn] (Check out some quality paints here)
2. Or try a neutral... it will have more of an effect than you might think. [Photo: Stephanie Lynn]
3. This moravian star light fixture adds character to the doorway. Find lots of other portico lighting ideas here. [Photo: Our Little Big House]
4. Landscape lights add another, lower level of lighting and can also help to keep walkways well lit. See more lighting ideas here. [Photo: BHG]
ADD INTERESTING HOUSE NUMBERS
5. Make your own mid-century modern house numbers with this tutorial. [Photo: Curbly]
6. Or use adhesive window film and cut out your house number with an Exacto knife. Read more about window films here. [Photo: Country Living]
DRESS UP YOUR MAILBOX
7. Even small changes can make a big difference. Paint your mailbox flag a bright color that coordinates with your front door like Erin did. See other curb appeal ideas using paint here. [Photo: HGTV]
8. Or buy a decal for your existing mailbox to give it some style. Check out lots of other decal designs here. [Photo: Back40Life]
ADD FLOWERS, SHRUBS AND PLANTS
9. This homeowner has planted flowers and shrubbery in a strategic way to lead the eye from one side of the house to the other. Find more landscaping tips here. [Photo: Lebopilisy]
10. Hanging plants are an easy and effective way to dress up your home's exterior without breaking the bank. Don't they look beautiful? [Photo: The House That Built Us] (Check out these examples on Etsy!)
This Curbly post was originally published in May 2013.