When the outdoor evening temperatures are too perfect to go inside, you'll need something to keep your outdoor living space lit to enjoy it as long as you can. Something you made yourself. These DIY lighting ideas, like the punched paint cans from Lowes Creative Ideas, are sure you inspire!
1. The paint cans, above, are painted and drilled to give off a patterned light.
2. Yarn dipped in glue and wrapped around balloons is an inexpensive way to fab up a string of Christmas lights, by Pocket Full of Dreams.
3. Ever wonder what to do with that textured plastic at hardware stores? How about tube lights for your tables? From Lowes Creative Ideas.
4. Mason jars are so versatile- and they are really unique when hanging from an outdoor chandelier. From David Eldon, via Apartment Therapy.
5. Turn unused baskets upside-down to make unique hanging lamps. From The Art of Doing Stuff.
6. Start collecting all your empty wine bottles for this impressive wine bottle torch. From Erik Anderson, via Design Sponge.
7. Don't pass up all those funky shaped vases at thrift stores- add it to a paint stick and a tuna can, and you have a great outdoor torch. From In My Own Style.
8. I might actually appreciate those globe lights from my old apartment if they found their way into my outdoor space as glowing orb lights. From The Art of Doing Stuff.
9. Again, cool looking jars make great hanging lanterns with the help of some wire this time. From Craftynest.
10. For a dramatic look for extra cheap, simply put a cupcake liner over your string of lights. From Family Chic.
Room : outdoor
Decor Element : Lamps & Lighting