If you've ever lived in an apartment or a really tiny house, you probably understand the struggle of a tiny outdoor space. Generally, tiny porches are the only type of porches you'll find with an apartment. While a tiny porch is better than no porch at all, sometimes you have to get creative with the small space you have with small balcony furniture and space saving solutions. Luckily, I've rounded up a bunch of ways to make the most of your tiny porch this summer, including DIYs, storage solutions and just plain cute pieces to add to your porch.
1. First of all, covering up ugly walls with faux ivy will make your porch look like a whole new space and adds lots of pretty green before even adding real plants! Plus, it's renter friendly and easy to maintain. (above)
2. Build a DIY murphy bar to maximize space on the wall, so it folds down for a table or prep space. You'll need it for making cocktails on your porch this summer!
3. A half circle table like this one is perfect for creating a small seating table on your tiny porch.
4. Leave space! In a small space, sometimes a bit of modern minimalism is the best way to embrace it. A couple chairs and plants may be all you need.
5. A vertical planter with multiple pots is a great space saver on a tiny porch! Hang it in a corner and you can have multiple pots in a smaller space.
6. Try something daring, like adding a little canopy on your porch and incorporating lots of colorful pieces. Why not?!
7. Decorate your porch with chalk for a non-permanent way to makeover unslightly walls and floors. Although it's a temporary solution, it can last throughout the summer if you're in a location that gets little rain.
8. Try incorporating bench seating as a space-saving way to seat multiple people. This way you have less pieces of furniture taking up space but can still seat the same amount of guests!
9. Who says your tiny porch can't be comfortable? Lots of cushions and a well-placed hammock could create the perfect place to relax this summer.
10. Lights and plants make a HUGE difference in your outdoor space. Hang lights on your porch high enough that they don't impact your vision, and incorporate plants throughout to make the space more homey. You'll never know it's a small space!
Sometimes small changes make a big impact when it comes to your tiny outdoor space. No matter the size or your porch or patio or whether you own or rent, these small porch ideas prove there are inspiring ways to makeover your space this summer (without breaking the bank).