You don't need to spend an arm and a leg for fancy art. And if you go the DIY route, you don't need to spend a ridiculous amount of time or effort. These botanical prints look like they couldn't be easier to make!
Knock offs are great, aren't they? I've noticed, however, they usually go one of two ways. 1. They look just as good as the original or 2. they look almost as good as the original. In this case, I think the knock off looks BETTER than the original, (a print at World Market $129). Now, can you guess which is the original? Take a look at the knock off in situ:
This is a really quick, easy and inexpensive way to create images pretty enough for framing.
- Acrylic craft paint (I used a luscious turquoise)
- White acrylic spray paint
- A paint brush
- Something to serve as a canvas like a piece of plywood or MDF
- Several leaves from an indoor or outdoor plant (for the picture above, I used silk leaves purchased at my local craft store
- Paint your ‘canvas’ with a...