Ask a Question Any ideas for a wall treatment on a white painted panelling with grains and square grooves

Any ideas for a wall treatment on a white painted panelling with grains and square grooves

Tags: ideas, repainted, wood panelling

I am renovating my dads old place. He loves wood panelling. I repainted one wall white which had the dark wood panelling. You can see the "wood grains" and its designed as if it has squares by way of grooves. Instead of keeping it all white I am thinking of painting the grooves a certain color and in random squares have a design of some type. My problem is what color and what type of design. It is a fair size living room 16 x 20 i believe. My colors turned out to be a blue/slate grey ....mostly blue showing through. My couches are a shade of blue with faint pink, light blues...my curtains will be sheer blue and white panel.  

I will appreciate any ideas. I am working on a very tight budget. But still give your ideas. 

Thank You.

I can provide a picture tomorrow.

HEY~So I recently recovered paneling too with tissue paper. It makes it look like a textured wall and you cant see the grooves of the paneling. You crumple up a piece of tissue paper in a ball and uncrumple it leaving the creases still in the paper. Paint a square the size of ur paper on the paneling so it sticks. and u just paint over it again with the same color of paint u used. And repeat for the rest of the wall. It looks pretty cool and its super easy!  I tried to send a picture of what it looks like but cant see it...sorry. I hope this helps ya out! Brooke

B

Ask a Question Any ideas for a wall treatment on a white painted panelling with grains and square grooves