There's nothing worse then renter-white walls. That dingy, dirty white that's not quite cream but not quite white either. But there's an easy way to fix it - add an accent wall and nobody will notice the rest of the walls! Here are twenty renter-friendly accent wall ideas that won't damage your walls (or they can be easily fixed when you move). Click through to read on.
Zero Damage Accent Wall Ideas
These first few ideas will cause no damage to your apartment walls whatsoever!
1. Washi Tape Polka Dots - Let's start with a crazy easy one... simply place strips of tape on waxed paper and then cut circles out of them! Get the tutorial here. [Photo: Fellow Fellow]
2. Decal Wall - Removable wall decals are another great way to add some personality to a wall. [Photo: Inspired By This]
5. Metallic Tape Accent Wall - There's a great product out there called metalized polyester film tape which can be stuck to the wall in any pattern your heart desires. Check out the tutorial here. [Photo: Design Fixation]
7. Fabric Wall Covering - Believe it or not, you can attach fabric to the wall using starch. Learn how here. [Photo: Apartment Therapy]
Re-Paintable Accent Wall Ideas
These accent walls will need to be painted over before you move out... so worth it though!
10. Layered Stripe Accent Wall Ideas - This eye-catching wall is made simply with paint and tape... so all you'll have to do is paint over it once you move! Get the tutorial here. [Photo: Dream A Little Bigger]
11. Stenciled Wall - This beautiful wall looks like wallpaper, but it's actually made with two different finishes of the same paint color (high gloss and matte). Read more here. [Photo: Kristen F. Davis Designs]
Easily Fixable Ways to Create an Accent Wall
These walls will require a bit of repair before moving out, but nothing more than patching some holes.
14. Plywood Geometric Wall - If you're into woodworking, this could be a fun one for you. Simply pry the wood off when you move and fill the nail holes with spackle. Get the tutorial here. [Photo: Reality Daydream]
15. Ribbon Wall - This one can be done by stretching ribbon in diamond shapes and securing with thumbtacks. [Photo: BHG]
18. Grasscloth Striped Accent wall - Cover beams in grasscloth and nail them to the wall... so pretty! [Photo: Via Homedit]
19. Framed Wallpaper - Frame up large pieces of wallpaper (or fabric, wrapping paper, etc.) and hang them on the wall. [Photo: Inspired By This]