With the help of their friends from the Preservation Directory, This Old House has compiled a list of the best old house neighborhoods that may have been previously overlooked. There are 64 neighborhoods in all, and to make our shopping easier, TOH broke them down into regions, house styles, locations (as in small towns or waterfront, etc.) and people (as in family-friendly, first-time buyers, etc.). You can see the entire list here. Among them, the TOH editors picked their top 6, which are....
- Compton Heights, St. Louis, Missouri, pictured below, (for the bargains)
- Whittier Mll Village, Atlanta, Georgia, (for its cottages)
- Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY, pictured above, (for urbanites)
- Leslieville, Toronto, Ontario (for its rowhouses)
- The West End, Alameda, California (for its waterfront)
- Berwyn, Illinois (for its bungalows)