Don't let the title fool you, these felt caddies would be at home in the dorm room too (not to mention office, mud room or even kitchen) as they are adaptable to just about any organizational need and taste. A great project to whip up while home for a weekend!
Here's what you'll need to make one:
- 1 yard wool or wool-blend commercial felt OR 1/2 yard of thick farm or sturdy handmade felt
- Sewing machine and thread
- Sharp scissors
- Embroidery floss to match felt
- Sharp embroidery needle
- Lightweight paper
- Seam ripper or sharp embroidery scissors
- 6-8 rare earth ring magnets
- Felt scraps for appliques (optional)
For the entire tutorial, visit Craftzine.