Today we explore vegetable mythology, and I'm not talking Tom-anatos or Pea-seidon here. Nope, these are things we think we know about veggies that are WRONG.
- Fresh vegetables are more nutritious than frozen.
- Cooked vegetables are less nutritious than raw.
- Iceberg lettuce doesn't have any nutrients.
- Local vegetables are always cheaper.
- Potatoes make you fat.
- Bagged salads are perfectly clean.
- Farmer's markets sell only organics.
For the FACTS associated with each of these myths, head on over to Yahoo Green.
Photo Credit: Greg Brown at allposters.com.