Edit

Out of the Ashes: Remodeling After a Fire

Out of the Ashes: Remodeling After a Fire

The pictures above are of the interior of a lovingly-restored 1899 Queen Anne. In 2006, it was engulfed in fire, caused by a renter's cigarette. Instead of demolishing the residence, the couple that owned it decided to restore it for a second time. Their remarkable story and the house's resurrection is documented at the website The 1899 House. Here's just a sampling of the destruction...and the rebirth. 

The dining room after the fire:

The dining room after the second restoration:

The kitchen after the fire:

The kitchen now:

Tagged: , , , ,