Got a closet? Need a home office? No worries. With some advice from Country Living you can transform a closet--like the one pictured above--into a home office--like the one pictured below.
Advice from the pros:
- Your new desk can be nothing more than a couple of standard filing cabinets (shot with Krylon) with wheeled stands attached to their bottoms for easy moving.
- The desk's top? A chunk of melamine.
- When decorating, treat the inside of the closet like you would a room. In this case with wallpaper and paint.
- Skip bracketed shelves and opt for floating shelves for a less-cluttered look.
- Make use of every inch of space with peg and cork boards.
- A petite chair with casters makes tucking it under a desk a snap. AND you'll be able to close the closet doors behind it.
- Skip traditional office supplies too. Rather, opt for vases and cups and such.
- A rug to your office's 'entrance' is a welcoming touch.
- Overhead lighting, like a chandelier, really is the cherry on top of this kind of makeover.
To find links to all the individual elements of this makeover (including prices of each), follow this link.
Photo credits: Michael Partenio