White walls and off white lightswitch covers...blech. Here's a quick and inexpensive way to overcome the blandness of home center materials, and a perfect way to customize a rental or other tough to personalize space.
From Red Thread DIY "Switch plates! [We] wanted all of our switch plates to match, so we literally unscrewed all of the old switch plates and installed brand new ones. I was about to throw away the old ones because I thought making new and exciting covers for them would be too difficult and time consuming. Actually, making switch plate covers are really easy! So I kept them, after looking over the following tutorials of course!"
- Switch Plates: SEI Lifestyle
- Decorative Switch Plates: Tiny Decor
- Switch Plates, Simply: Mod Podge Rocks
- How to decoupage a Light Switch Plate: lcdemers
- Switch Plate Cover Tutorial: Scribd