You've got to hand it to the perspicacious folks at 3M, who have a remarkable way of making things better that we thought were just fine to begin with. Case in point: Duct tape. Apparently, gray, tough and sticky were not enough. Scotch from 3M has now come up with FIVE new versions of the stuff, all with unique traits that just might make life easier. Here they are:
- Scotch Tough Duct Tape - No Residue. You can leave this stuff stuck on for up to SIX months and it won't leave a sticky residue. It also performs in temperatures of up to 200 degrees Farenheit and is UV resistant.
- Scotch Tough Duct Tape - Extreme Hold. Made of woven material with a double-thick adhesive, this baby won't tear or break under pressure. And if that wasn't enough, it has a waterproof barrier too so it'll stand up to extreme weather conditions.
- Scotch Tough Duct Tape - Heavy Duty All-Weather. If a waterproof barrier won't cut it for your project, then this is the duct tape for you. Designed for long-term, permanent exterior repairs, it resists the drying, cracking and peeling that happen all too often in regular-duct-tape outdoor applications.
- Scotch Tough Duct Tape - Outdoor Painter's Clean Removal. If you've ever tried to stick painters tape to brick or stucco, you know it doesn't. Stick, that is. For such applications, we can now turn to Outdoor Painter's Clean Removal. It also has a special sunlight blocker, which makes for clean removal for up to 14 days. It has a waterproof backing too.
- Scotch Tough Duct Tape - Transparent. I saved this one for last because it's my favorite. Why? It's TRANSPARENT! Made for repairs that require a bit of discretion, this tape actually lasts longer than ordinary 3M duct tape, and, did I mention, it's TRANSPARENT?!
To find a retailer of Scotch's new Tough Duct Tapes, check out this page at 3M.com.