Fern loves to jot down notes in notebooks, so she goes through a lot of them. But forking over cash for those pretty bookstore blank books only to deface them provoked a certain amount of guilt. Sooooo Fern decided to stock up on inexpensive notebooks from the dollar store and make a pretty fabric cover that she can transfer from book to book. Tweak the construction a bit, and you could even make yours machine washable. To whip one up, you'll need....
- a notebook(s)
- enough fabric to cover the outside of your notebook(s)
- a bit of fabric with which to line your cover
- an even littler bit of fabric to make pockets for your cover
- ribbon, to make a tie
- PVA, to attache the ribbon (although sewing on the ribbon or using washable fabric glue might be a better choice)
- sewing machine, thread, etc.
- this tutorial from craftblog.au
Of course the same procedure could be used to make book covers too.