My Home Ideas culled these 10 great ideas for repurposing old stuff into new stuff from the pages of Real Simple.
- Turn an old kitchen stool into a night stand or side table. (I actually did this using an old, round piano stool, pictured above. My in-laws found it in MWT's grandmother's chicken coop. I scrubbed off the poop that covered it and gave it a coat of black satin.)
- Turn unused brooches in to spectacular refrigerator magnets.
- Use dishtowels and placemats.
- Store seasonal items in old suitcases.
- Use old calendar pages as gift wrap.
- Turn old silverware into hooks. (LOVE this one.)
- Use picture frames as serving trays.
- Set a tray on top of an old bucket for an instant outdoor side table.
- Use wine glasses as candle holders. Might look even better if they were MIS-matched wine glasses.
- Use a pegged coat-rack to display art and photos in hallways and over fireplaces.
To see the entire list, including pictorial examples of each and links to the how-to's on Real Simple, visit this page on My Home Ideas.