Not Martha gets very Martha-like with this horizontal shoe rack inspired by DWR's j-me shoe rack, which is on sale for $93.50 to $140.25 each. Although Not Martha doesn't say how much hers/his/their version cost, you can bet that it was a fraction of the DWR price.
To make a horizontal shoe rack of your own, some of the things you'll need include:
- 1/2 x 6 x 3 boards for lower part of shelves
- 1/2 x 3 x 3 boards for upper part of shelves
- large and small L-brackets to attache the boards to the walls
- screws--drywall or otherwise--for mounting
- stain or paint and poly for finishing
To find out how to proceed, head on over to this tutorial on Not Martha.
DWR's version. (Personally, I like Not Martha's better.)