We’ve been recycling rubber tires since, well, the invention of the rubber tire. Remember those clunky tire sandals? As an homage to the art of recycled tires, here are 10 pretty decent looking products made from recycled tires, wheels and inner tubes. For your added value, you get a link at the bottom to the instructions and pattern for making your own nerdy, yet eco-cool sandals from recycled tires.
1. Andy Gregg’s Bike Furniture (above and below)
2. Big Sculptures:
Image credit: Funnychill.com
3. Ottomans and Stools from truck tires
4. Not Your Parents’ Tire Swing:
(image credit: CentralAmerica)
6. Wall Art:
7. Bad Ass Paddles (made from the end of the tire roll and used for what,I don’t know)
8. Retread Biker Bag or Messenger Bag:
9. Garden Tables:
10. Nerdy Tire Sandals with link to instructions and pattern:
too bad, is right.
Does anyone have the instructions on how to make the alligators?
who is making road patching materials from old tires?