Nothing says 'I love you' like a severed bleeding heart. Add a card and a ring embedded in the left Atrium and you've got just about the most romantic/mind-blowingly-gross Valentine I've ever seen.
And you can make one to traumatise or enrapture your own sweetheart! There are very detailed instructions and even a video over at I Make Projects
- One heart-shaped mold (find one here.) You could use a use a Valentine heart-shaped cake pan for a less restraining order inducing response.
- 1 large package Strawberry flavor gelatin (6oz, or 170g)
- 1/2 can evaporated skim milk
- Food coloring - pastes are preferred
- Clean paintbrush to apply food colors with.
- A clean produce bag for the blood.
- Corn syrup and Grenadine.
- Non-stick cooking spray
Head on over for the skinny.
In the valentine spirit I have to admit to having an enormous Blog-Crush on I make projects. Anybody who can hack a Wii controller into an AK AND throw a cannibal themed dinner party has me at hello.