Digital Lighting School put together a list of 11 different lighting hacks that just might turn you into an okay photographer into a good or even great one. In case you missed them, they are:
- A Multi-Super-SB-Ring Light, made out of six speedlight flashes and a coffee can.
- Next, a Poor Man's Ring Flash, fashioned out of a used plastic milk jug.
- Or how about an inexpensive light tent?
- And the can't-get-much-simpler Party Bouncer Card, pictured above.
- As well as the Turkey Pan Beauty Dish, which is my favorite just 'cuz of the name.
- There's also the DIY Ghetto Flash Extender.
- And the ever helpful disposeable camera flash slave,
- a Flash Mounted DIY Softbox,
- Flash Bouncers, made out of craft foam,
- a Full Budget (Friendly) DIY Lighting Studio,
- and finally, The Fring - a DIY Flash Ring.
Follow this jump for further explanations and links to individual how-tos.