Make it beautiful, and make it cheap. Holly Becker has collected ten tips from her own experience of decorating a small one bedroom in Germany. Go and do likewise.
1. Take IKEA seriously.
2. Yard sales!
3. Bargain at flea markets and secondhand stores
4. Share a car.
5. Shop online at places like Craigslist, Ebay, and Amazon
6. Do it yourself.
7. Bundle your services like phone, internet, and cable.
8. Recycle and repurpose.
9. Switch your paint color or change your throw pillows and blankets.
10. Read the comments for user submitted ideas!