One of the (many) things that deters me from super getting organized is not wanting to spend a ton of money on storage containers and other organizational items. But then it dawned on me - why don't I use things that I already have make some storage containers? So today I'm sharing five of my favorite upcycled organizational DIYs that you can make from things you probably already have lying around the house.
1. Egg Carton Jewelry Storage - For this project, simply spray paint the outside of the plastic type of egg carton. I cut mine into two pieces and painted each one a different color. Easy peasy!
2. Plastic Bag Dispenser - This one is made out of a disinfecting wipe container. Cut the label off, spray paint the top, wrap contact paper around the outside and then stuff your plastic bags inside. You'll never have a mess of bags again!
3. Salsa Jar Canisters - For these apothecary style jars, I spray painted the tops of empty salsa jars and then glued knobs to the top using E6000 glue. These are great for holding bathroom items like I've done, or also things like beads or other crafting supplies.
4. Contact Paper Storage Box - This catch-all storage box is simply a shoe box covered with marble contact paper. You could also cover it in wrapping paper, gluing it to the box with Mod Podge.
5. Mason Jar String Organizer - For this one, remove the inside part of the mason jar cap and replace it with decorative card stock of the same size and shape. Punch a hold in the center before you screw it on, and thread the string through the hole. No more runaway string or yarn!