You thought the DIY: Ten Minute Grommet Workshop was easy, this makes that look like Rocket Science. Oftentimes you'll come across something that needs a snap added or replaced. Snaps are...well, a snap. A snap tool and components are available at fabric stores and they are work fine.
The only trick here is to remember which parts go where. For simplicity sake, I will call the top of the snap Top A and its connecting piece Top B. The bottom of the snap or the "male" end will be Bottom A and Bottom B.
1. Poking a hole where the Top of the snap will be inserted.
2. Top A will be inserted through the marked hole
3. Now it's time to use the snap tool to squeeze the Top A and Top B to secure the snap. Top B fits into the black rubber ring and then gets squeezed on to Top A, as shown.
Now we move on to Snap Bottom A and Bottom B
This is what Bottom A and Bottom B look like. There is also this little red ring that fits into the snap tool (you'll see later).
1. Mark and cut the hole where the bottom or male side of the snap will be inserted.
2. Insert Bottom of B through the hole.
3. Place Bottom A into the red plastic ring and place it into the black rubber ring on the snap tool.
4. Place Bottom A on top of Bottom B and squeeze your heart out. The red ring stays on the snap and you have to pry it off. There's your snap!!
Those snaps will hold your back cushions on to the frame. Beautiful!